Monday, March 11, 2013

It’s the Little Things! (Happy Monday & Project Optimism)

As I cruise through life lately, I’ve been finding I’m generally happier and more grateful for what I’ve got and where I am (Not always – Sorry, DH – more often, though).  I’ve mentioned it before, and feel the need to mention it again because I just can’t tell you how much I appreciate what Happify is bringing to my life!

happify_tm

Happify?  What’s HappifyHappify is a website that is dedicated to the science of being happy and helping it’s members attain higher levels of satisfaction in their lives by focusing on five skills areas:  savor, thank, aspire, give and empathize.  Happify is a social experience as well!  As you complete fun activities in your Track, an area of focus that you choose such as “Nurture My Body and Soul”, “Appreciate What I Have” or “Cope Better with Stress”, your completed activities are posted for others to appreciate and comment on.  You have the choice to complete activities privately rather than in a group experience, but a big part of the experience is encouraging others and being cheered on yourself.  This is a supportive group of people!  And with everyone focused on becoming happier, there’s none of the drama and back-biting you might see on other social websites.
When you join Happify, you answer a short series of questions to gauge your happiness level.  Every two weeks you reassess your happiness level and get to see your improvement.  Yesterday was my two week reassessment and I was thrilled to see an almost 10 point jump!

March 10 Happify score
I’m working on being a happier me, for myself and everyone around me!  Happify is helping me get there!  I’d love it if you join me on the Happify journey; feel free to email me for an invite, click any one of the links above or click the button on the right to go to Happify and learn more!

Through a fellow bloggers and Happify member I learned about the HAPPY MONDAY Link Up hosted at Crazy Casa K.  It’s a great idea and a chance to read more positive, happy blog posts.  So, scoot over to Crazy Casa K and check out other bloggers that have linked up for HAPPY MONDAY!  Today’s theme is “Something Small” and I believe my Happify experience and journey fit right in line!  It’s something small I’m doing that’s making a huge impact in my life!  And that makes me incredibly OPTIMISTIC!

What small things make you happy and optimistic?  I’d love to hear all about it, so please leave a comment below!
back to top