Thursday, September 12, 2013

I’ll Never Forget…

Now that September 11th has come and gone again this year, I can breathe a little easier.  I hate that particular date on the calendar.

Like most Americans, I think back to that day 12 years ago and think about what I was doing.  Before that day there had been few moments in my life where we all said “I’ll always remember where I was and what I was doing on this day at this time.”  September 11, 2001 was certainly a horrible day I'll never forget.



But September 11th has been a difficult day for me for the last 33 years.  It will never be an easy day.  I feel myself growing more and more anxious and depressed in the days before September 11th.  I try not think about it, I try to think positively, I try to stay busy.  But every year, I dread September 11th and adding another year to the number of years my father has been gone.  Thirty-three years, longer than he was alive on this earth, but not long enough for the pain to be gone yet.  I miss you, Daddy, and I wish you were here.


back to top