Thursday, May 29, 2014

The Last 30 in Photos

So, it's been a busy 30 days...seems that's the norm more now than ever.  I decided to copy an idea from a favorite blog stop, The Inklings of Life, and share photos from my phone to illustrate what we've been up to.  Now, since I usually carry a camera everywhere with me, I rarely use my camera phone.  But, I caught a snippet of the highlights anyway...


It was really HOT this month!  We had days where the thermometer in my car read 104, 102, 98...so we filled the kiddie pool and let Buddy cool off!


One day at the grocery store, my tomatoes rang up for twice what the sign in the produce department said.  When I asked the cashier to fix the price she acted like I was lying and sent a bagboy to find the sign.  He couldn't find it and she couldn't either.

I told them it was a BIG sign, they couldn't see it.  She took the tomatoes off my bill and told me if I'd walk over to the produce department with the bagboy and show him the sign she'd give me the tomatoes free.

Of course I pointed out the damn giant ass sign to the bagboy, he told her it was there, but the bitch wanted to see it for herself and told him to bring her the sign.  (She was pretty rude to start out with, but by this point I was ready to junk-punch her.) I was pretty happy when the bagboy acted a total ass carrying the sign to her register waving it in the air.

This is the sign behind the service desk after I got my free tomatoes.


On one of those hot days I had the genius idea to go to the laundromat and wash my comforter.
You DO NOT want to be in a laundromat when it is 98 degrees outside!


Daddy is tons of fun at the playground...I usually tell Buddy that Mommy's butt is too big to fit on there with him.  Daddy's the fun parent.  I can live with that.


We found this Ah-MAZ-ing playground that is like 5 different playgrounds in one, surrounding this giant castle that kids can climb on and run through.


Buddy had a teensy little meltdown when we made him leave said Castle Playground.  Poor dude.


Buddy got his own bed!  And we're all sleeping through the night (more or less) now!
Buddy likes to hang out with Daddy in his bed in the evenings and talk about life.


We tagged along with DH to a job he had to do in Las Vegas.  DH had a rental SUV and had to pack tools and ladders for his job.  If Buddy were any bigger, we'd have never fit!!


We stayed at Treasure Island.  I thought it would be a nice quiet family-oriented sort of place.  I'm not sure that exists in Las Vegas!  When we went to the pool on Friday afternoon, it was a scene straight out of MTV's Spring Break - complete with pumping DJ and cool young hotness-es hanging out all around the pool dancing, playing drinking games and just generally acting "hot" and "cool".


Buddy and I ROCKED our "too cool to leave the pool" UN-cool-ness!
We had fun swimming and splashing and he took a great nap afterward!

I'll tell you more about the fun we had in Vegas later...


1 comment:

  1. These pics are great! They look really good to me, I can't tell they are camera phone pics. I love the grocery/tomatoes story.

    ReplyDelete

What do YOU have to say about it? Your comments are welcome!

back to top