Monday, August 11, 2014

Ten Minute Monday - Please Don't Let That Be a Train!

OK, new Monday tradition to get the week started off better, because my weeks have been missing something major (more on that in a bit).  I'm giving myself ten minutes to just write.  No major editing and no major rearranging...just ten minutes to throw out my thoughts on Monday morning.  Hopefully, I will get the ball rolling on finding something that's been missing...me.



I've been missing.  MIA - missing in action.  I was here and then it just seemed like I faded away.  It was gradual at first and then all-encompassing, like throwing a heavy dark blanket over something you want to hide.  Only, I didn't plan to hide.  I didn't plan to disappear.  I didn't want to do either.  I wanted to fight it, but I've been left with just no idea how to even start fighting it.

What I'm trying to say, what I'm dancing around is:  I've been seriously depressed.  Like, don't care what happens in the rest of the world, can't I just stay here under the covers forever and hide depressed.

Who am I?  Did I ever know?  These are questions that have been rolling around in my head for a few months now.

Was it obvious how bad things had gotten?  I don't think so...I mean, DH knew.  But I don't know if anyone else noticed.  I'm pretty good at putting on a "everything's OK" face for short bursts of time when I need to...I've been doing that for as long as I can remember.  But, to maintain a level of OK-ness?  I just couldn't do it.  Everything felt heavy and dark and empty.

I went through some of the motions.  But others just fell apart.  I did the bare minimum.  It was all I could do.

I don't even know how I managed to get myself together enough to find a Dr. and get myself there, but I credit DH with always being the "whatever I need to do to make it happen for you" guy that he is and always is, because if there had been one more obstacle I might still be sitting in the dark all alone.

It's still pretty shady where I am...but I can see a pinpoint of light that I think is the end of the tunnel.  I sure hope so, because if it's an approaching train that would really suck.
back to top