Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Hello. Is it Me You're Looking For?

Presently, I'm lacking in motivation to get much done...I'm have a serious case of procrastination.  So where have I found myself?  Here...tapping away again!



Let's see if I can summarize all that's happened in my life since I last updated you.

First, I got all caught up in product reviews and the freebies that come along with it.  Free stuuuufffff!  And packages!  It's so fun to receive packages!

But, then I got lost in the darkness of business and stress and depression and lost track of a lot of myself and time.  I got that under control just in time to run off to Colorado last September when Baby Girl had an emergency appendectomy while pregnant with her first child.

Then, at the end of our stay in Colorado, Baby Girl found out that she and her hubby were expecting a little girl!!  They had a fun gender reveal party that I'll have to tell you all about one of these days.

The moment Baby Girl cut into her gender reveal cake to discover PINK!!

Then, we came back to California and life was same ol same ol.


Buddy turned 3!  And later this month he will turn 4!!

Then DH fixed up my car that had messed up by putting a whole new engine in it and I headed back to Colorado to await the arrival of my first Grandbaby!!

Baby Girl was on bedrest ordered by her doctor when she and her hubby suddenly needed to move, thanks to a total A-hole landlord.  Thankfully, they found a new house to rent just a few blocks away and had plenty of friends and myself to help move them in the week before Baby Girl was due to have the baby.

Baby Girl supervising setting up her new kitchen!

Then Baby Girl got really sick just a few days before her due date and the doctors really couldn't come up with any better plan than to put her on a helicopter and send her to a hospital in Colorado Springs.  Then, while they were waiting for the helicopter, Baby Girl went into labor as well!  A couple hours driving and we were in Colorado Springs and Grand baby was definitely coming!  Before I could blink, Baby Girl was ready to push and Buddy and I headed to the waiting room.  A couple hours later, the news we had hoped for was delivered via my Son-in-Law -- Momma and Baby were healthy and happy!!



Uncle Buddy!!

They were in the hospital a couple more days and then headed back home.  We stayed with the GrandDogs while their parents were away.  Their arrival home with our precious grand baby, "Button",  was so fun to capture!  DH had arrived not long before they arrived home, so we all got some family time and DH got some Grandpa time.





Then, a few days later, and waaaay too soon for me, DH, Buddy and I raced out of Colorado ahead of a snowstorm, literally, so we wouldn't be stuck a few days longer than we could afford.

Buddy and I flew to Colorado in April to spend 10 days with Baby Girl and her family.  I got some much needed snuggle time with Button and then we were back to California.




Buddy started attending preschool 3 mornings a week.  He hated us leaving him, but after a few weeks he would run to the classroom door laughing with excitement to get inside and learn!  He loves his school!

In July, the man who was like a Father to me my whole life died suddenly.  I flew back to West Virginia the next day and spent 5 days there.  I hadn't been home to West Virginia since 2008, so the visit was long overdue.  So was the time I got to spend with my BFF and her family.  It was the only time I've been away from Buddy with the exception of a few days spent in the hospital the week before Christmas of 2013 when my appendix decided ti no longer wanted to cooperate with the rest of me and exploded.  So, it was weird to be away from DH and Buddy.  It was weird to be in West Virginia.  It was awful seeing the pain of loss and to try to function in the fog of loss and regret at not making it home before he was gone.  But that's another story for another day; I returned to California.

Almost home.
We've travelled around with DH for work and seen a few new places out here.  It's been a hot, long summer.  And finally the weather is cooling and it feels like fall!  In late July I joined a group of almost 200 other people with a goal of reading the entire bible in 90 days...I did it!

In early August, I decided to start exercising and quit being lazy.  Reading the Bible changed me at my core and made all sorts of things seem possible!  So I signed for a 5K.  Then, I signed up for another one.  And I ran them both!  And I finished!  And I've got another one coming up later this month.



I finished the Bible a few weeks ago...it was an amazing experience for me to complete that goal.  I hardly ever stick to anything.  I'm convinced God held me to it and didn't let me procrastinate too much!

Which brings me right back around to now...and procrastinating.  I'm avoiding doing stuff I KNOW I need to be doing.  I need to get busy!  But it's been nice to just spill this all out here today.  Hopefully I'll be back soon.  And I can tell you about a new project I'm working on!  Things are looking up!  I'm working hard to keep a positive attitude and make positive changes in my life.  If you're the praying type, say a little prayer for me.  If you need me to pray for you, drop me a line down in the comment section and I'll be glad to put in a good word with the Big Guy for you!


back to top