Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Dog, dog, dog, NO! -OR- Surprise! This is YOUR life!

Ever feel like you're living in the twilight zone?  I do.  My life is always surprising me with how things work out.  For example, if you had told me five years ago that I would be  stay-at-home mom of a 15-month-old living in Colorado and a, I would have laughed at you!  Five years ago I was soooo close to having the kids grown and out the door to their adult lives; it was just dangling there in front of me - FREEDOM!


And then time flies by and they grow up and move out and all of a sudden I catch myself wondering if "freedom" is what I really want.  Craziness inspires me to talk to DH and get his take on the situation.  We toss the idea around for a while and then decide to go for it!  To roughly quote DH, "We're boring and we're used to raising kids.  Why not?"  Why not indeed!

So here I am, having conversations with Little Man that mostly consist of one or two words; Dog being the primary word!  It's almost like Little Man speaks an entire language made of one word and you should know what he means simply by the inflection.  "Dog, dog dog dog doooog DOG!"  Every now and then he'll throw a "Good dog" or "No!" in there just to try and trick me!

When it's time for morning nap, the conversation picks up a notch:  "DOG!  Dog, dog dogdogdog dogdogdogdog doooog DOG!"  As I rock Little Man and silently will him to close his eyes and SLEEP, visions of dogs dance through his head.  He abruptly sits up to see what Hyper Dog and the Cuddler are doing.  "Dog!"  "They're laying down to rest, too.  It's time for their nap," I assure him.  The Cuddler groans from the dark corner of the couch.  Little Man lies back against me, nuzzling his head into me and gently lowering his eyelids.  This is my favorite moment, as he snuggles in and lets out a soft sigh a smile crosses his lips; and he drifts off to sleep.  I wait a few minutes and take time to appreciate that this is exactly where I'm supposed to be right now.  Amazing!

***************

40 Bags in 40 Days Challenge UPDATE


I had an amazingly productive day yesterday!  DH was home sick and was able to keep an eye on Little Man while I scurried around the house photographing items to sell on a local Facebook Sell/Swap group.  I posed a bunch of items for sale and managed to actually sell quite a few!  Because we live out in the boonies, I have to send the items to work with DH for the buyers to stop by and pick them up from him.  He left with a full car this morning!  I sold what I'm equating to 14 bags of stuff and brought in $75 in the process!  DOUBLE WIN!  I'm feeling super motivated and ready to get this stuff going.  And the Super Duper Bonus:  DH actually got excited watching me do it and he's ready to get rid of more stuff now, too!  It's so liberating!


3 comments:

  1. I remember those 1 word days! They pass too fast! Good job getting started on your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on selling the stuff!! My youngins are 7 and almost 4.. I remember when they were as small as your little man.. I miss thise days......sometimes ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE toddler cuddles. They make me so happy - he's two now and growing up too fast. Thanks for stopping by Happy Monday - hope you had a wonderful week so far!

    ReplyDelete

What do YOU have to say about it? Your comments are welcome!

back to top