Saturday, April 20, 2013

Recognition, Rules and Random Facts

a-to-z-letters-recognition

Lately I’ve been pretty amazed to watch this little blog, that I never actually expected anyone to read, grow!  With it’s growth, I’ve been amazed to receive recognition from fellow bloggers; saying that they like what I’m doing and want to encourage me to keep doing it!

In the past two weeks I’ve been nominated by two fellow bloggers, Darla at Mom’s World and Ginger at The Wild and Wonderful World of Gingerssnaps, for two different awards!  The first, from Darla, my second Liebster Award.  And the second, from Ginger, the Very Inspiring Blogger Award.  Since the rules for both sort of overlap, I’m going to address both in one post!

Darla and Ginger, thank you so much for your encouragement, support and recognition!

a-to-z-letters-rules

Liebster Rules     VIB Rules

a-to-z-letters-random Facts About Me

According to the rules of the two awards, I owe you 18 random facts about myself.
  1. When I was a kid, eating green apples would sometimes give me a rash that ran across my cheeks from my mouth to my ears; I ate green apples anyway!
  2. I taught myself to knit by watching a YouTube video and buying a beginners knitting book.  I’ve made scarves and a hat for Little Man.
  3. While at a PTA meeting at Baby Girl and Monkey Man’s elementary school, I accidentally volunteered to become PTA President; I remained PTA president until they were both out of elementary school – 5 years later!
  4. DH and I went to New York City in September 1999 for two friends’ wedding.  While we were there we visited the World Trade Center and the Statue of Liberty.  I still have our ticket stubs for the WTC and the receipt for the Statue of Liberty.
  5. I accidentally ran over the first live armadillo I had ever seen (just after remarking how all the armadillos I had seen were dead).
  6. For a really long time I thought purple was my favorite color.  Turns out, while I like purple OK, my favorite color is actually blue.
  7. When I was a kid I really wanted to have long, beautiful hair (I had a short Dorothy Hamill-style haircut).
  8. My best friend as a kid was also named Crystal; she lived next door.
  9. I have one tattoo near my right hip.
  10. There aren’t many foods I refuse to eat, but boiled okra is an absolute no-go!
  11. When I was a kid we were visiting my step-grandparents and went out to eat.  My hamburger came out with a bite taken out of it – right through both buns and the meat!  We sent it back and they put the same meat on a different bun and brought it back out.  My step-grandmother said I had complained enough and to just be quiet and eat it!  I swore I would never go to that restaurant chain again and I haven’t!
    PHOTO SOURCE
  12. When I was a young teen, my parents would leave my brother and I home alone while they traveled.  During one of their trips my brother and I taught our dog to answer to a new name.
  13. For a few years as a teenager, I was a “cutter”; my parents never noticed.  Not once.
  14. When I was a teenager I wanted a third ear piercing but my mom wouldn’t let me.  I pierced my own ear with a safety pin and my mom didn’t notice until a week later.
  15. On January 28, 1986 I was at home sick by myself, watching TV, when the Space Shuttle Challenger exploded.  It was the first shuttle launch I had ever watched.
    PHOTO SOURCE
  16. When I was really little my parents let me get a cat.  I really wanted a girl cat, but for some reason I got a tomcat.  I named him Lucy and called him a “her” his entire life.  I loved that damn cat!
  17. After I was 10 years old, whenever I was sick, I stayed at home alone while my parents went to work.  I figured out that I could stay home two days before my mom took me to the doctor.  I felt “good enough to go to school” after two days home A LOT.
  18. When Baby Girl was born, I decided that we had to have a “real” Christmas tree every year for as long as there were kids in the house.  We haven’t had a “fake” tree in the 21 years since!
 
Darla’s  Liebster Questions:
  1. Favorite ice cream? Plain old vanilla soft serve ice cream
  2. Favorite song from the 90s? Music in the 90s was AWESOME and it’s really hard to pick just one.  I’ll go with Alanis Morissette’s "You Oughta Know" with the disclaimer that asking me tomorrow will yield a different answer.
  3. Favorite cartoon? The Simpsons
  4. Favorite actor/actress? Emma Stone
  5. Favorite restaurant? Yamatos Hibachi Restaurant
  6. Favorite sock color? plain ol’ white
  7. Favorite shampoo? Suave Professionals Rosemary & Mint
  8. Favorite car? Jeep Wrangler
  9. Favorite color? Blue
  10. Favorite animal? Cat
  11. Favorite season? Fall
 

Nominations

Each award calls for nominating other bloggers.  Here are the blogs I would like to pass these awards forward to:
liebster2 Very inspiring blog award




















My Liebster Nominee Questions

  1. What do you have on your feet right now?
  2. What color are your toenails?
  3. What’s your secret talent?
  4. What is your favorite food?
  5. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?
  6. If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be?
  7. What do you want to be when you grow up?
  8. If you could own any vehicle in the world, what would you own?
  9. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
  10. Do you have a nickname?  What is it?
  11. Would you rather be rich or good looking?  Why?

You should take the time to check out all of my nominees!  They're great blogs that deserve encouragement and recognition!

11 comments:

  1. On behalf of The Ruralhood, I thank you for the nomination!

    You did have a Dorothy Hamill haircut. How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-hoo! Thank you! Now I'm off to get some questions answered and nominate some blogs =).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recognition feels great. I loved your random facts. I'm sorry you had to eat that burger!

    Chontali Kirk
    chontalikirk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! hopping over from A to Z. Good luck on growing your blog! You've got the right tools - FB, Pin, Twit, etc in the upper right corner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have had such a fit about that burger, and would've probably named the chain in my post!

    Damyanti @Daily(w)rite Co-host, A to Z Challenge 2013

    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge
    AZ blogs on Social Media

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your awards! Growing our blogs and meeting new bloggers is so much fun. Very cool post, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the nomination! I have been nominated twice already! stephcb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot believe you taught yourself to knit! What an accomplishment. And that hat is adorable. You go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for nominated my blog....I appreciate it :)


    www.prettylittledahlia.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for the nomination. I also got the second nomination of the Most Inspiring, so I'll be doing a combo page similar to this. I've just been so busy with work, so I need to do it on May 1.

    I also love how you set up this page, and used your Rs. Very clever!

    #atozchallenge, Kristen's blog: kristenhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

What do YOU have to say about it? Your comments are welcome!

back to top