Tuesday, April 30, 2013

XOXOXO

a-to-z-letters-xa-to-z-letters-oa-to-z-letters-xa-to-z-letters-oa-to-z-letters-xa-to-z-letters-o

Hugs & Kisses


For as long as I can remember, XO has represented a “virtual” hug and kiss sent to me from someone I love.  And, while virtual hugs and kisses are good, real ones are better!

love-hugs-kisses
Source

For the last several weeks, Little Man has started showing affection for us, rather than just a tolerance and expectation that we will meet his every need/want/whim.  The affection started with random hugs and has morphed into the sweetest little combos of hugs and kisses!  If he knew the power those little kisses hold, I’d be getting a LOT more of them!

Each morning when Little Man awakes, we bring him into our bed in the hope of a few more minutes (or hours) of sleep; often this transition occurs at 3 or 4am!  DH starts out snuggling Little Man as the crib is on his side of the bed.  Usually around 6am, Little Man moves over and sprawls his tiny frame across my chest (and sometimes my face).  Eventually, Little Man tires of using me for a mattress and climbs over to DH and insists they get up!

But lately, Little Man has been showing appreciation for our morning snuggle time.  He’ll wriggle his whole body as if he’s somehow going to be able to sink further into me by doing so, and as the wriggling ends he’ll let out a little sigh.  All the while he has the sweetest little grin on his face; it captivates me!  And then, once he’s good and comfortable, he’ll turn his head back toward my face and push his lips against mine.  No pucker, a little slobber as a bonus, and my heart just melts.

It is a good thing that this little boy doesn’t know the power he possesses!  He could rule the world with those little arms and itty bitty little kisses!

xoxoxo

5 comments:

  1. I totally used XOXO for my X post too!
    Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love little kisses and hugs!! I love when my granddaughter holds my face and says "love you NaNa" Ahhhhhh she has me around her little finger!
    Connie
    A to Z'd to the end
    Peanut Butter and Whine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post was adorable. I love that you get those snuggles. I never had my oldest daughter in the bed but with my youngest I would breastfeed her and then keep her in the bed with me. It's nice having that closeness. And now, my youngest has started giving the best, squeezie hugs. Oh the power of affection. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, not much is better than unconditional love!

    ReplyDelete

What do YOU have to say about it? Your comments are welcome!

back to top