Thursday, May 16, 2013

It’s Just Not Easy


Blog Every Day in May

Day 16, Thursday: Something difficult about your "lot in life" and how you're working to overcome it




It’s Just Not Easy

When I was a very little girl, I was my Daddy’s girl.  I felt so safe with him around.  I loved him so much.  I never dreamed that he wouldn’t be there.  And then, when I was six years old, he died.  He was gone; my hero, gone forever.  He was only 29 years old.  Life can be so unfair!


Daddy and Me

It’s been nearly thirty-three years and I still miss him every single day.  It’s been incredibly hard to have children, knowing that they will never know him and that he’ll never meet them.  Are they like him in any way?  Am I?  I really don’t know.  That’s the hardest part:  there’s so much I don’t know and I’ll never know about my Dad.  There are photos from while he was here, but I don’t know the stories behind most of them.  I want to know, but it’s been so long and many people who could tell me more just aren’t here any longer.



So, I try to focus on the positive and smile at the memories I do have.  I’m thankful they are good memories.  I’m thankful I know he loved me.  I’m thankful that he’s my Daddy and he’ll always be.  And I’m thankful that some day, I know I’ll see him again.
back to top