Sunday, May 12, 2013

The Memories Linger


Blog Every Day in May

Day 12, Sunday: What do you miss? (a person, a thing, a place, a time of your life...)




The Memories Linger

I miss the time when days spent with my friends and having fun was the most important thing to me.  The days where I was out of the house and roaming my world and neighborhood as early as I could be each day.

girl_climbing_a_tree_fan2046791

Days spent crawling through tunnels in the brush and weeds that grew taller than me or any of my friends.  Days where you waited anxiously for the berries on the vines to ripen in the sun and lose their bitterness.  Climbing trees and wishing to be a bird that could land gently on the furthest tips of the branches.  The feeling of the warm sun on your face and the wind in your hair and soft green grass between your toes.

Friends leaving for their respective homes, one by one as the sun falls behind the hills and the twilight settles around.  Watching for the first twinkling star to appear, knowing that it’s my Daddy’s star – hello Daddy.
I miss you, too.

Fireflies12

Chasing fireflies in the dark, with the grass damp beneath my feet.  Climbing into bed worn from the day and the cool crisp sheets against my sun-kissed skin.

Sweet dreams.

Photo Sources:  1, 2
What do you miss?
back to top