Saturday, June 29, 2013

Awards, Awards, Awards!!

Last month I was nominated for three blogging awards!  I sincerely appreciate the encouragement and recognition!  Lately I’ve found it hard to keep up with blogging and life for a variety of reasons.  It might be easy to just stop altogether if not for the encouragement of friends and peers.  THANK YOU!

Ginger at The Wild and Wonderful World of Gingerssnaps has nominated me for two awards!  The Beautiful Mama Blog Award and The Epically Awesome Award of Epic Awesomeness!  Thanks so much, Ginger, for encouraging me to start blogging, sharing your knowledge with me to keep me going, cheering me on at every turn, and including me in every opportunity that comes your way.  It’s genuinely appreciated!

beautiful-mama-blog-award1
Award Rules
1. Tell three things about yourself.
2. Award to other deserving bloggers.

Three things about me:
1.  I have a weakness for Oreos dipped in milk.

2.  I’ve found the exact amount of time that I need to dip my Oreo in milk for it to be perfect!  I count to 15; the cookie doesn’t fall apart but it melts in your mouth!

3.  I don’t really care for chocolate.  I’ll eat it occasionally, but I don’t crave it like many women do.

My nominees for the Beautiful Mama Blog Award
1.  Sarah at Journeys of the Zoo

2.  Camille at A Sorta Fairytale

3.  Lindsay at You are the Roots




awesome
Award Rules
1. Display award logo
2. Link back to the person who nominated you
3. State 10 things about you
4. Nominate 10 other bloggers

Ten things about me:
1.  I have a permanent divot in my left hand middle finger cuticle from getting my finger crushed under a crowbar while helping my parents tear down a deck when I was in elementary school.

2.  I can remember choking on the dirt when I decided to eat a potato straight from the garden like an apple.  I loved to eat raw potato as a kid.

3.  When I was little I had dirty-blondish hair that would get bleached out by the sun in the summertime.  Now my hair is pretty much dark brown (though I’m beginning to see signs that it may soon be gray!)

4.  I currently have VERY pink fingernails – they look like cotton candy.  I don’t care for pink at all, but Influenster sent me a Sunkissed Vox Box with “Sailor’s Delight” pink nail polish in it and in the interest of a truthful review, I’m wearing it!

5.  My favorite flower of all time is long stem yellow roses because I can remember my Dad bringing my mom a long, thin box full of them when we still lived with him.

6.  I’m currently working my way through Grey’s Anatomy from the very beginning of the series on Netflix because somewhere around the third or fourth season my life just got too busy to watch it anymore.

7.  I started watching Private Practice for the same reason.

8.  For years I didn’t sleep under the covers of the bed…years and years and years.  Dh and I once went for a weekend getaway with friends and they thought we were fighting when they came back to the hotel because I was sleeping under my own blanket on top of the comforter.  Nope, I’m just a freak!

9.  Monkey Man weighed 9 1/2 lbs when he was born.  I did it without an epidural.

10.  When I was little I would sometimes eat cauliflower dipped in margarine (straight out of the tub) and then salted.

My nominees for the Epically Awesome Award of Awesomeness
1.  Teresa at Nanahood




5.  Jules at My Mom's a Whack Job

6.  Tracy at Momaical

7.  Anita at The Wine Chronicles

8.  Melissa at Home on Deranged

9.  Patricia at Kisses and Croissants



All of these nominees are fabulous, amazing bloggers you should check out and follow!  While you're there visiting, leave a kind word or two in their comment section - us bloggers LOVE getting feedback!

And finally, a quick word to my nominees - Ladies, I know these awards are a LOT of work.  If you don't have time or desire to go through the hassle, feel free to simply accept graciously and smile like the fabulous ladies you are!  Thanks for doing what you do and sharing your stories with us!!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on all your awards! Enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you COUNTED OUT the time for the oreos!! Hahaha nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the award and thanks so much for nominating me! I am a little behind on blogging right now but I will definitely accept it and do a post as soon as I can!

    I used to eat my cauliflower and broccoli the same way. The only reason I don't anymore is because it gets pieces in the butter, hahah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww you're a sweetie bug! Thank you so much for nominating me! I'll put out the milk and Oreos for you!

    ReplyDelete

What do YOU have to say about it? Your comments are welcome!

back to top