Sunday, June 30, 2013

Third Time’s the Charm!

Christina at Home With My Tots has nominated me for my third Liebster Award!  Wanna know what the Liebster Award is all about?  Check out my first award for the full story!  Thanks so much for the nomination, Christina!  Clearly we’re kindred spirits (just look at our blogs!)!

Liebster-Award_thumb1

Award Rules
  1. Send blog love back to the blog that nominated you and link back to them.
  2. Nominate 5 - 11 new bloggers who have 200 or less followers.
  3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator.
  4. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
  5. Decide on 11 questions to ask your nominees to answer.
  6. Contact your nominees and let them know that you have nominated them for the award after you have posted yours.

11 Random Facts About Me
1.  I love peppermint candy.  I buy enough candy canes after every Christmas (when they go to clearance pricing) to last through the year.

2.  Baby Girl wore my wedding dress when she got married.  I actually didn’t care all that much for the dress when I wore it, but it was perfect on her!


3.  If I watch TV when I’m tired, no matter how much I want to see the show I’m watching, it’s almost guaranteed I’ll fall asleep.  DH has spent almost as much time telling me how shows end as I have watching TV!

4.  We have a bean bag chair that’s big enough for two adults to cuddle together in and filled with memory foam chunks!  It’s so comfy!

5. My son, Buddy, peed on my foot earlier this evening while I was chatting on Facebook with Ginger from The Wild and Wonderful World of Gingerssnaps.  And then a little while after that he peed on his Tonka Truck dump truck!  Potty training isn't going so well.

6.  My chickens lay brown and blue eggs.  I love the range of blues the eggs are and that some of the brown ones have freckles!



7.  I love the feeling of getting my toenails trimmed when they have grown out long.  (I’m a freak and I know it.)

8.  My favorite adult mixed beverage is a Dirty Vodka Martini, preferably with blue cheese stuffed olives as a garnish.

9.  My favorite ice cream flavor is Breyer’s Rocky Road.  It’s deliciously awesome!

10.  I miss the sound of the whipoorwill as the stars come out and the lightning bugs rise out of the damp grass.



11.  I feel true regret when I think that Buddy may never know what it’s like to run barefoot through that same damp grass, jumping to catch fireflies to keep in a jar by his bedside.


11 Questions from Christina
1. What is your favorite TV show?  Any of the Law & Order franchise.

2. Have you ever traveled to another country?  I’ve been to France, England, Belgium, Spain and Canada.

3. Name something you love about yourself?  I love my hands; they’re my Dad’s hands.

4. What is your favorite color?  Blue

5. Who is your favorite President?  I don’t really get into politics, so if I had to pick a favorite president I’d pick Lincoln.

6. What is your favorite type of food?  I love vegetables.  So much that I could actually be a vegetarian if I didn’t enjoy eating meat so much!

7. Do you believe in ghosts?  I’m not certain; but I think they probably exist.

8. If you had only one day left to live and you knew about it what would you do?  Spend the day having fun with DH and my kids.

9. What is your favorite sport?  I’m not really into sports, but I occasionally enjoy watching football.

10. Do you fold your pizza in half, keep it flat or eat it with a fork and knife?  If it’s too hot to hold, I eat it with a fork.  If the slices are hugs, I fold them in half.  Otherwise, I keep it flat.

11. What is the craziest thing you have ever done?  Deciding to have a baby at 37 feels pretty crazy.  (I’ve done waaay crazier, but I’m not sharing it here!)

My Liebster Nominees

My Questions for the Nominees
1.  When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
2.  What’s your favorite piece of clothing?
3.  What was your first car?
4.  If you could have any meal delivered to you, what would you order?
5.  What’s your dream car?
6.  If you could take a vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go?
7.  What’s the best place you’ve ever travelled to?
8.  What’s your best feature?
9.  If you could see any musician, living or dead, in concert, who would you see?
10.  What’s your favorite movie?
11.  If you could invite 3 people to dinner, living or dead, who would you invite?

These nominees are fabulous, amazing, just-getting-started bloggers you should check out and follow!  While you're there visiting, leave a kind word or two in their comment section - us bloggers LOVE getting feedback!

And finally, a quick word to my nominees - Ladies, I know the Liebster Award is a LOT of work.  If you don't have time or desire to go through the hassle, feel free to simply accept graciously and smile like the fabulous ladies you are!  Thanks for doing what you do and sharing your stories with us!!

3 comments:

  1. You are beyond deserving of this award! So very happy for you. I like your #3, because I see my mom every time I look at my hands. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the nomination I am smiling graciously and nominating you for a Versatile award which somewhere on my blog I did and have the instructions on how to do! I have barely had a moment to blog lately, but I do appreciate you taking the time to think of me and nominate me it is extremely appreciated! Maybe now I should go look for the link? Hold on!

    Here is is, it has the "rules". If you so choose to accept the mission :)

    http://www.lifewithraisapain.com/2013/03/versatile-blogger-award.html

    Thanks again and Have a great Holiday week! p.s. I read your other post and it is beautiful, ignore closed minded open mouthed people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo! Thanks for the nomination. I absolutely love Law and Order as well, especially SVU. I also totally admire you for eating veggies. I'm trying really hard but I'm full of sugar and processed gunk, I'm seriously an addict and it sucks. Was it an acquired taste for you, or have you just always loved them? - Cuz that's not an odd question at all!

    ReplyDelete

What do YOU have to say about it? Your comments are welcome!

back to top