Monday, October 14, 2013

Monday Mind Dump - Photos from the Week and Random Thoughts

It's Monday and I feel like crap – upset tummy, aching joints, low-grade fever, exhaustion and a headache.  I have several posts I'd like to get completed and up on the blog, and maybe later I'll feel good enough to actually do it, but for now I'm just going to write and whatever comes out is yours to read.  So, I'll apologize in advance; this may not make much sense!

Sunrise last Tuesday morning!
On Friday Buddy and I rode along with DH to the Denver Metro area.  DH needed to go three different places in the metro area and we were hoping that it would be a fun day together.  It was OK.  We left our house around 830 in the morning and didn't get home until almost midnight - and most of that time Buddy and I were in the truck!  It was a LOOOOONG day.  I had hoped to meet up with a friend from high school who happened to also be in Denver on Friday, but it just didn't work out.  Total bummer.  We did splurge and eat dinner at Outback on our way home.  That turned out to be surprisingly fun.

Came home to find these ladies and their tots hanging out in our yard - just couldn't resist taking a couple shots!

Last Tuesday was the 15th anniversary of DH an I being a couple.  Because we were together for 9 years before we finally got hitched, we spent a long time celebrating October 8th.  I was kinda bummed when I realized that DH didn't remember the day or do anything to recognize or celebrate it.  Because we started out together sharing a meal 15 years ago, literally ordering a meal and then splitting it between us, going to Outback Friday night and splitting a meal was a nice way to fall back into that old habit and it felt really good.  I know it sounds corny, and it probably is, but 15 years of sharing meals with this guy - it's a big deal in my world.  No one else really “gets” me the way he does.

Woody and Jessie riding along with Buddy.  Silly boy!

Saturday we actually got to sleep in a teensy bit and stayed in bed with Buddy until almost 9am.  We didn't do much the rest of the weekend.  I didn't feel well and laid in bed most of the time feeling sorry for myself and watching shows on Netflix.  I was a total bum and my house shows all the signs of neglect you would expect - dirty dishes in the sink, laundry piling up everywhere, toys all over...  I should be trying to accomplish something, but instead I'm sitting here writing to you.  Do you feel special?  You should!

Fresh snow and Aspen gold on Friday morning.

Anyway, it's full-on fall weather here and we're lighting a fire to warm the house almost daily.  The sun shines and is warm as long as the wind isn't blowing, but the mountains have fresh snow on the peaks and the first ski resort opening happened this past weekend.  Winter will be here before I know it.  I don't hate winter, but right now I'm dreading it.  I'll take a few more of these days with plenty of light and cool crisp mornings followed by throwing off layers of clothes to enjoy the pleasant afternoon!


Just as a little rain rolled in this morning, I caught this beauty hanging out in our yard!

That's what's in my mind this morning...what's on yours?

3 comments:

  1. This is Wednesday and I am catching up on my reading...again! I haven't made it to your later blog posts if you're feeling better and wrote any so I will comment on this one for now and tell you feel better soon and this was a good post...the pics are fanatastic! Well wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally jealous of the views you get to have at home! We live in an apartment complex that used to be surrounded by trees,and every so often were lucky enough to see deer tromping through! Now that they cut the trees down, we see another complex and I can't tell you the last time we saw deer.. And I don't ever think I've seen mountains lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures!! Thanks for linking up with us via Mommy a Monday :)
    XO
    http://mrs-aok-a-work-in-progress.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

What do YOU have to say about it? Your comments are welcome!

back to top