Friday, April 4, 2014

Dandelions – Weeds or Carriers of Wishes? (An #AtoZChallenge Post)



For as long as I can remember, I’ve had a fondness for dandelions.

Perhaps it’s because it was one of the few flowers I was freely allowed to pick as a child.

Perhaps it’s because they magically turned into white fluff that was excellent for carrying my wishes away to be granted.



Regardless of the reason, they’ve always been a favorite rather than a nuisance and I’ve never owned a lawn that I wished to rid of their gold flowers or fluffy white remains.

Even still, as I stare down the slope toward my fortieth year, you may find me whispering a wish to a fluffy dandelion before giving it my very best…





For the month of April I will be blogging each day with a letter of the alphabet as my theme as part of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.  Today's theme letter is D!



So, how do you see dandelions? As weeds or carriers of wishes?
back to top