Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Gifts

My windows were rolled down on a cool and sunny day as I pulled to a stoplight.

She was standing on the corner, leaning heavily on her cane with one hand and in her other she held a cardboard sign that said HOMELESS in bold letters and explained below it that her Gift from God was singing and that she hoped it would be a blessing to us.

She was singing Don McLean's "American Pie".

I had an overwhelming urge that, in that moment, I trusted.

And while my sunglasses hid my tears, I prayed that she would be blessed with the little I had to offer as well.  And that we should all find our Gifts...





For the month of April I will be blogging each day with a letter of the alphabet as my theme as part of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.  Today's theme letter is G!



What is your gift?


back to top