Monday, April 7, 2014

Forty?



In 39 days I turn forty.  How on earth is that even possible?  I’m pretty sure I was just 20-something yesterday and then I blinked…

I haven’t entirely come to grips with this whole officially-middle-aged thing yet.  I was talking to my daughter on the phone the other day and she says I shouldn't freak out this year because I did it last year when I turned 39…funny thing is – I don’t remember freaking out.  Is that my age already rearing it’s ugly head?  Or perhaps I've blocked it out for self-preservation…

Regardless, it’s going to happen.  There’s nothing I can do to stop it.  I’ll officially, officially be a grown up.  Now what?



For the month of April I will be blogging each day with a letter of the alphabet as my theme as part of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.  Today's theme letter is F!



Do you have any advice on turning 40?  Are you just laughing at me?

back to top